Friday, August 10, 2007

The importance of check-ups for active toddlers

After a chiropractic check up on a 14 month old yesterday, it confirmed my conviction of the importance of parents understanding the result of a fall or injury on their child's spine. I was amazed as to how quickly the muscles and joints responded to a little boy hitting his head at the playground 2 hours before. After feeling his neck muscles and how restricted the spine was underlying those muscles, we gently released the area with an pediataric adjustment. His mom expressed her relief as to the fact that it just happened and the neck had not been like that for too long.


I have seen it time and time again. The quicker the child is checked and dealt with the faster it resolves in most cases. Its the stress caused to the nervous system and the joint strain that is my main concern for dealing with trauma as soon as possible. Yesterday was a perfect example for me!!!


No comments: